Information and details for this Diploma Course
|Course Duration||3 Months|
|Course Fee||£950 + VAT £91 ITEC Exam fee
Course fee can be paid by Monthly installments
Discount given on group bookings
|Course Start Date||
1st October 2014
|Course Times||Wed: 4.00pm - 9.00pm|
General Advice, and Structure of the Qualification
This ITEC level 2 Beauty Nail Diploma Course is a highly sorted qualification in the Beauty Industry and is ideal for those seeking employment in Salons, health Farms, Spas and Cruise Liners. The Aim of this NVQ Beauty Nail ITEC level 2 Beauty Diploma Course is to provide learners with the necessary theory and practical skills to enable them to provide Beauty Nail Treatments. You will learn Nail Art, Acrylic Nail Treatments Gel nail Treatments, Fibreglass Nail Treatments, Manicure and Pedicure Nail treatments.
In today's modern salon, treatments have become more sophistuicated. new technological advances in the beauty industry mean that salons are now able to give clients that little bit extra in receiving the look they want. Nail Treatments are a very common treatment in Beauty Salons and sought after by clients . At East London Beauty Academy we understand that this Beauty Qualification will be very beneficial to have on your CV.
Course requirements: No Course Requirements
Structure of the Qualification and Guided Learning Hours
The main aim of the ITEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – Nail Services is to enable Candidates to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Nail Services and is made up of 8 mandatory Units.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Fulfil Salon Reception Duties
- Promote Additional Salon Services or Products to Clients
- Develop and Maintain your Effectiveness at Work
- Provide Pedicure Services
- Provide Manicure Services
- Carry out Nail Art Services
- Apply and Maintain Nail Enhancements to Create a Natural Finish
Recommended guided learning hours – 329
Learner credits based on learning hours - 40
What are the opportunities for employment?
This award qualifies graduates to operate their own salon or home visiting practice. Graduates can also gain employment in Beauty Salons, Hotels and Liners.
Grading of the Qualification
You will be assessed only upon the units which make up your qualification. An ITEC External verifier will verify all practical assessment documents and verify a practical assessment in progress alongside the internal assessor and internal verifier. The following are the list of Mandatory and Optional Units that you will need for this qualification.
- Practical assessments/observations and oral questions are graded Pass or Refer learners
- Learners must be competent in all areas of the practical assessments and oral questions in order to pass.
- Theory multiple-choice tests are graded Pass or Refer. Learners must achieve 100% in order to pass
- If a learner is unsuccessful in any area, they will be reassessed only in the unit where they have not achieved a pass grade, for which they will be referred.
- Referrals should be completed within one year of the original assessment/observation and/or multiple-choice theory test. The remainder of the results will stay in the ITEC system until all assessments and multiple-choice theory tests have been allocated a pass grade.
- Learners must achieve 100% in all practical assessments and underpinning knowledge tests to achieve the ITEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Nails.
What will I learn on this course?
- Be able to identify hazards and evaluate the risks in the workplace.
- Be able to identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in the workplace
- Be able to reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Know how to reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Identify additional services or products that are available
- Inform customers about additional services or products
- Gain customer commitment to using additional services or products
- Know and understand how to promote additional services or products to customers
- Be able to improve their personal performance at work
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets Be able to use safe and effective methods of working when improving and maintaining facial skin condition
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for facials with clients
- Be able to improve and maintain skin condition
- Understand organisational and legal requirements
- Understand how to work safely and effectively when providing facial treatments
- Understand how to perform client consultation and treatment planning
- Understand anatomy and physiology that relates to facial skin care treatments
- Understand contraindications that affect or restrict facial skin care treatments
- Understand facial skin care techniques, products and treatment planning
- Understand the aftercare advice to provide clients for facial care treatment
Can I get insurance to work
Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance can be obtained via The Complementary Therapists Association (www.CThA.com) and other Industry Associations who recognise the ITEC Diploma
Opportunities for Progression
Once learners have achieved the ITEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - General they may progress onto other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 2 and Level 3, for example:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – Make-Up
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – General
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – Massage
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – Make-Up